Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sitting here on the couch with my computer and a cup of tea and Nala just popped up to say hello. There is a small sheet of paper sitting beside me and she chooses that exact spot to lay on. If it wasn't the paper, it would be a magazine, a folder, and anything else that looks appeasing to her. Cats are so funny and I often find myself looking at Nala and thinking that I would like to spend a day in her world. Maybe the idea of sleeping 14 hours for a day and having my wants and needs met with a simple meow (or squak) in Nala's case just sounds really appealing right now as I head into a busy week with an alarm that will go off before daylight sets in.
It was quite a dreary Sunday here and in a quest to procrastinate doing some paperwork, I did something unthinkable- I took out a recipe book! I sat and looked up something new to try when that never ending question of "What are we going to have for dinner" arises. I made an actual grocery list (more often than not I walk through the grocery store picking up the same things out of habit) and stocked the fridge so we're good until Wednesday. I will admit to having a small feeling of peace to start off the week. This dinner thing really stresses me out!
It's been pretty quiet on our end. We went bowling Friday night with some people that I work with. I can't remember the last time I went bowling but I know that Joe and I have never bowled together. The first game my goal was just to get a score higher than my age- I was that bad! After some gently coaching from the music teacher I was well on my way to hitting above 100 the next 2 games. It was a good thing I started to do better as I was just about to add bowling to the list of "things I'm not good at right away so therefore I will not do." So far this list consists of skiing, golf, and running more than two miles before keeling over. Guess bowling is safe for now.
Last night Joe and I went out for Susi in the International District. We had forgotten that the soccer team was also playing last night so finding parking was next to impossible! We worked up an appetite driving up and down the streets and craning our necks to see if we could fit our little Mazda in any of the tight little spaces. 20 minutes later we were successful and well on our way to having a wonderful meal. We made it home in time to see the Sounders win before watching "Back to the Future." Yes I am a product of the 80's and I've never seen Back to the Future. What makes it worse is that I bought Joe the trilogy for Christmas 3 years ago and there it sits on our shelf. Needless to say I enjoyed it and may at some point may sit down again for the sequel. I added to my list of "classics" by also viewing Casablanca after waking early on Saturday thanks to Joe's countless attempts at using the snooze button. Gotta say I was a bit disappointed. I found that when they said the famous "Here's looking at you kid" it was very anti-climatic. But then again what do I know?

No comments: