Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another fall weekend gone by.....Scary to think that November is just around the corner. I've loved hearing about the experiences in State College with all the snow on homecoming. This will certainly be a homecoming talked about for years to come! Congrats to those who experienced (and survived) it!
We got our rain back here this week. All those months without it and it's now back with a vengeance! The poor kids at school on Friday had no where to hide from the rain at recess and they came back into school looking like little drowned children! Unlike most other schools that have an awning and therefore safety from the rain, my elementary school does not. Wonder what the architects were thinking?
The rain also carried us into Saturday and I somehow got the idea that if I'm going to be stuck inside all day then I should bake something. Yes I know- a crazy thought for me to have but I have this recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin bread that I just had to try. Of course the only thing that I can find in the baking isle of the grocery store is the "just add water cookie mix" so it took some time for me to sort through the flour, spices, and different colored brown sugar. Really what is the difference between light and dark brown sugar? Once home I had to "set up shop" in the kitchen. This includes positioning my laptop at just the right distance so as to not spill anything on it during my baking endeavors as I catch up on my TV shows. It's a perfect way to keep the boredom at bay and my attention to the task at hand. One cup of flour, then look up to see who is dating whom on Gossip Girl. Add the sugar and see the ending of Private Practice. It's my answer to tolerating time spent in the kitchen :-) And by the way my bread came out edible and even a little bit tasty!
Joe was off today and the sun decided to come out so we walked downtown to do a little shopping. Of course our first stop was REI outdoors store and somehow I came away with something to put on my Christmas list. How does Joe have a way of doing that? It's only October and we started our Christmas shopping without meaning to. It was kind of nice to just wander and find things.
We had dinner with Charlie tonight at a bar that serves a special pumpkin beer that Joe really wanted to try. Somehow our last 2 Sunday nights have included Joe's search for the best bratwurst and pumpkin beer. I think after tonight he found the place for both.
And on one final note~ Joe and I will be making it back to Susquehanna right after Christmas! Thank you Mom and Dad for taking care of this for us! We're definitely looking forward to the trip!

No comments: