Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Don't Do Sick Well

This week has been highly uneventful. Mostly because I've spent the better part of it on the couch. I have gotten one of the worst colds (and longest lasting) that I can remember. It started last Monday and I took Tuesday off. I was able to function on Wednesday and Thursday and then it came back with avengance on Friday and I have been on the couch ever since. I have befriended Musinex, Tylenol, Sudafed and a box and a half of tissues. I have a come to include standing over a pot of Vick's Vapor Rub and boiling water into my daily schedule (at least twice a day) and my taste buds seem to be permanently missing. On Friday I was able to take in every talk show host and their Halloween costumes and by noon I had once again affirmed how bad day time TV is. The sinus pressure has made it impossible to read a book and the little bouts of energy I did get were spent lysoling all apartment surfaces to assure that my germs are killed. By this afternoon I was close to tears out of frustration of why this cold just will not go away. I don't do sick well and after 3 days of doing nothing I have had it. I'm hoping some NyQuil and and some sleep will make it possible for me to be a productive member of society tomorrow so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

The Gillefonds said...

oh so sorry! being sick is THE WORST!!! take care of yourself!!