Sunday, October 4, 2009

It Finally Feels Like Fall......

It finally feels like fall here in Seattle. I was afraid with our lack of rain that we might not get to enjoy watching the leaves change color. As I went out for a walk today it was obvious that this would not be the case. With the sun out, the crisp air, and the color of the leaves, I was reminded why fall really is my favorite season.
Joe's parents were here until Thursday. Unfortunately the week was filled with chilly temperatures and a little rain. Joe had taken a few days off and was able to entertain by visiting the Market, going over to Alki Beach, and visiting Fremont neighborhood. We spent Tuesday and Wednesday night have dinner with Charlie- one night at his and one night at ours. Joe and his Dad played chef in our tiny kitchen and cooked up a really good chicken recipe on Wednesday night.
I struggled to get through the week at work. I don't know if it was the lack of sleep from the weekend before or the first round of flu germs circulating in my buildings but I have not felt like myself at all. I refuse to give into sickness so early in the school year so I've been a hermit most of the weekend- getting lots of sleep and vitamin C and catching up on all my TV shows from the week. Hopefully it was enough to propel me into the first full week of October as I've got lots to do this month. I hesitate to turn my planner each week as I'm fearful of looking too far ahead.
I think I need to find something fun to do to have something to look forward to.....Maybe a trip to Vancouver?

No comments: