Monday, August 3, 2009

Sitting here trying to position myself with fans blowing on either side of me in an attempt to bring down the temperature in our apartment; or at least the temperature of my body. It's still SO HOT here! I didn't think it was possible to actually swim in any body of water here as how could the water get hot enough? Well with this kind of heat wave I was proved wrong and found myself swimming in Lake Washington on Saturday. Sydney, Joe, and I took a picnic lunch to a beach about 15 minutes from our place and enjoyed the sun and the water. The lake was so clear and after the initial shock on the cold water, it was surprisingly refreshing. This weekend was Sea Fair so everyone who is anyone that owns a boat was out on the water both for pleasure and to witness the boat races that take place as well as to see the Blue Angel fighter planes that do a show in the afternoons. We had a pretty good view from where we were sitting and it was pretty neat to see. The result of the day in the sun has given me bright red legs and a bright red stomach. At least I can't complain about not getting enough vitamin D.
This morning Sydney and I got ambitious and did a 6 mile hike up one of the trails on Tiger Mountain just outside the city. Wow were my legs burning! It took us about 3 hours and we were never so glad to get to the bottom. Needless to say they will need a little TLC later on in a hot bath. Oh wait- that can't happen as I can't let anything hot near my body as I'm afraid I might combust! I will never be so happy when the weather man tells me there is 70 degree weather in our future.....Frying like an egg while I wait for the news.

No comments: