Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gotta love a Sunday night after the day has been spent outdoors with yummy food to follow. Spent my Sunday walking in Discovery Park with beautiful views of the Puget Sound with dinner to follow at a new restaurant that I've been wanting to try for months! After a week of getting back (and still getting back) into the swing of things at work it has felt good spending a low key weekend. This past week went by fast in a swirl of meetings, familiar faces, and that overwhelming feeling of another year beginning. I'm continuously making mental lists and notes to myself and the post-it note flurry has begun! By Friday night I was happy to be sipping a Martini at a new bar and watching all that Friday nights have to offer. Saturday morning we got up and drove to Charlie's cabin for a day of low key living in the mountains. He invited a few friends for a tupperware party where we learned to make a chocolate bunt cake in the microwave for 11 minutes and a 3 course meal in 15 minutes-all in plastic! For the love/hate relationship (okay maybe I'm missing the love part) I have with cooking, it made my eyes wide with excitement with all you could do with such little time and energy! We opted to start small with a rice cooker where rice can be cooked in the microwave in only 5 minutes and then we'll see how it goes. So long pans and the wait time of boiling water! Our tupperware instruction was followed by a BBQ and then a neighborhood gathering where several millionaires were lurking (although you would never know by looking at them). We got to talking with a guy who climbs Mt. Rainier every year and was ready to retire by the time he was forty. I was trying to take as many mental notes as possible from some of what he had to say.
Early this morning we made our way back into the city and now with Sunday over with, I look forward to the extra day off as I don't have to head back to work until Tuesday. Gotta love four day weeks!

No comments: