Friday, July 31, 2009

Back On The West Coast

7 beds, 5 airports, almost 15 hours in the air, 8 hours spent in airports, 53 lbs of luggage (I knew my bag was heavy and that was confirmed when I checked in to fly back to Seattle. Thank you American Airline attendant for looking the other way at my extra 3 lbs!) and travel of almost 3,000 miles and I'm now back on the west coast and welcomed by a heat wave! I guess we missed out on the record breaking 102 degrees downtown on Wednesday. (Oh darn!) A wonderful trip out east it was indeed! I am truly grateful for my family and friends and with so much time and space apart, it was great to pick up right where we left off!
Nala was VERY happy to see us last night. So happy that she proceeded to let us know for 8 hours as she meowed (or sqwuaked as Joe puts it) from the time we walked in the door until about 7:30 this morning. Between that and the time change we were able to start our day quite early. (I paid for the interrupted sleep later in the day). With extra time before Joe went to work we were out on the road headed to Best Buy. His computer died last week and needless to say he was eager to get its replacement. For me, shopping for electronics is as about as exhilerating as shopping for things in bulk at Cosco- I would rather just not do it and in no way feel the satisfaction I do after a purchase of a great pair of shoes (ah yet again how it always comes back to the shoes!) But I digress. Needless to say this shopping extravaganza worked out to my benefit as I came away with a new laptop thanks to an insistent husband and a too good to pass up interest free payment plan. My laptop has given me 4 good years, gotten me through a long distance relationship and more IEP's than I care to count, but it is time to bid adieu as the thing just doesn't run with the speed as its younger predecessors. Of course when we get home I walked past the box on the floor and go to check my e-mail on my old one. What can I say old habits die hard. Joe was VERY eager to get our new systems up and running and when he left for work he left me with a short and easy assignment to get acquainted with my new computer. I put it off for as long as I could but with the accompaniment of a glass of wine (or 2) I pressed the keys for the first time. Of course the first thing I had to do was to make sure I had the right background design and carefully choose the colors on my homepage. A girl does have to have her priorities after all! So here I sit typing my first blog entry on my new computer. So far it's holding up well but the real test will come just after school starts when my report writing will be in full force once again.

No comments: