Sunday, March 1, 2009

Settling In...........

Greetings from our new location in Seattle! It has been quite the week but here we are in our new place. The "settling in" process continues to occur but I will admit that there are fewer boxes visably present than what could be seen a few days ago. I take that as a good sign! It took us until Friday to get cable and Saturday to get internet. This week without has made me appreciate all the technology that we have come to rely on on a daily basis. But I will admit it's also sad to say that I was having withdrawl from my e-mail and felt in a bubble not really knowing what's going on beyond the realm of my small world. Who knew that the president had picked his dog? Not me until I was able to go on MSN.com and get my dose of daily news. It seems as though I've traded one form of communication for another....as I type I'm staring at my cell phone wishing for it to turn back on after it's unfortunate trip into Nala's water bowl. I can only say that a small kitchen space and clumsy hands are to blame.
We continue to try and find new places for our things, and are slowly attaining some furniture. An Occupational Therapist that I work with was gracious enough to give us a table and chair set that she needed to get rid of and our bedroom furniture arrived today which now means that the pile of clothes and endless search of what to wear each morning is over! Joe and I were excited to finally purchase a queen size bed (along with 2 dressers) but we may have been a little too over ambitious with our furniture purchases as the bed fills the room! It is huge! But then of course what is a bedroom if not for a good nights sleep? We will certainly be getting that. So what if one of us has to crawl over the other to get out of bed, or that our alarm clock will be clear across the other side of the room making it in no way possible to hit snooze for those extra five minutes, or that we may bump the bed while getting things out of the dresser because the space between the two is minimal? What is important is that we have some furniture to call our own and dare I say I could call it the "big girl furniture" I didn't think I'd see until post age 30?
Now comes the part of uncovering all of our pictures that we haven't seen in six months and begin the "compromise" of where to put each one. Let's just say that each of us would tell you that each other has some "unappealing to the eye" pictures that the other swears they need to have hanging somewhere. With that said, my picture of Venice may be right next to Joe's concert poster with some absurd picture in colors that do not go but they will be hanging next to each other because it was our "compromise." Actually just thinking about what's to come makes me a little uneasy as this compromising tends to be a little tricky at times and we haven't even gotten to the bedroom comforter yet......Wish us luck!

No comments: