Sunday, March 29, 2009

Family Ties

Greetings from the east coast! I'm back on familiar ground and looking forward to a week of
R & R. I had a very smooth flight across the US (and hope to repeat it again on my flight out) and got into Susquehanna late Friday night. When we got home I got to meet my "niece" puppy Bella and right away I couldn't help but take a liking to her. Maybe I'm not such an anti-dog person after all. Of course after an hour of in and out of the house trying to make her go "poo" (Lauren's word not mine) and subsequent observations of Bella pooping everywhere but outside, I have determined that I can view dogs from afar but can't find the desire to have one of my own.
Saturday was a beautiful day of warmth and sunshine and also a day for the entire family to come together. It's been 8 months since I've seen everyone but sitting around the table talking and laughing made it feel as though no time has passed at all. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to come home and be surrounded by so much family! Near or far, it's a comfort to know that no distance can break those ties. I took as much in as I could and will carry it with me over the next few months.
Until next time from the west coast...........

No comments: