Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Wish There Was A Moving Fairy.....

I'm sitting here surrounded by the bare minimum as we've been working hard to move our things from Charlie's to our new apartment. You would think without owning furniture that things would be easy. Let's just say that "stuff" accumulated between two people is a lot of trips up and down the stairs and elevator. After making a solo trip this afternoon to move "light" stuff I was very much wishing that a "moving fairy" existed. I mean it's okay to tell kids about the tooth fairy, why haven't they created a story about the moving fairy? In fact, if my life continues to exist in 6 month increments with a new address each time, by the time we have a family I may well invent the story of the moving fairy......but I digress. I should say that although we don't have a moving fairy, we each have a very nice friend who was willing to give up their Friday and Saturday nights to help us move. From heavy boxes, to lamps that we forgot about, to the futon and all of its cumbersomness, we have the majority of our stuff in our apartment. Of course knowing what is in which box and finding new homes for all our things is a project still in the making, but we're getting there. Over the course of the last 2 days poor Nala isn't sure what to make of all of this. The last time she saw this many boxes she spent a week of 12 hour days in her kitty carrier. I talk to her like she's a child about her new home and of course the sinks for her choosing but I don't quite think the message is getting conveyed......guess she'll find out soon enough.

No comments: