Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sitting here on a Sunday night with the new Star Trek movie on (I'm already clueless and very uninterested but I won't tell Joe that) I was knee deep in progress updates (it's report card time of year) when I almost forgot to check in. It was a dreary rainy Sunday here today and I can't even tell you what I've done to make the day go by. I guess when you stay in your PJ's until noon (yes it feels good to do that every now and again) it's easy to get lost in the rest of the day. I find on Sundays I have a little more desire to really plan out a dinner and maybe even (gasp!) find a new recipe to try. I felt in the Italian mood and did a little search on the Food Network website for ideas on how to spice up a sauce. I was happy to find something that sounded tasty and was labeled "easy" to make. With my list in hand I headed to the grocery store. I was surprised by my revelation of finding garlic already minced in a jar. After talking with my Dad and Joe somehow I found I was the last to know about this amazing creation. When trying other recipes, I have done my own version of minced with knives and a cheese grader (form your own picture here). Who knew I could be sparing myself this hassle? Dinner was delicious and I got kudos from Joe. I told him I was now done for the week :-)
I had a different kind of beginning to the weekend as I spent Friday at jury duty. My first time ever that I was called and I had no idea what to expect. I was one of 450 people called in on Friday as a potential juror for a specific case. After a back story and other procedural information, we were given a questionnaire that took me almost an hour to fill out. I guess they are hoping to weed some of us out before the formal interviews. I can't say much more about my experience until I am (hopefully) released from consideration. I'll know on November 24th if I made it to phase two. I was done by noon and enjoyed a little sunshine as I meandered downtown and procrastinated from the paperwork that I knew was waiting for me at home.
Saturday night I helped my friend Sydney celebrate her 29th birthday. Glad I still have 6 months for that occasion. It's funny how birthday celebrations in your early twenties are about bars, drinks, and top 40 radio on the dance floor. Now as I'm approaching the horizon to my 30's, birthdays are more about a good glass of wine, a nice ambiance, and good conversation. Is that a sign that I'm getting old or just more mature? I'm hoping for the latter. At least I have another year and a half to wait before I find out!

No comments: