Sunday, July 5, 2009

Another beautiful week in the Pacific Northwest! On Monday night Joe and I drove down to Eugene, Oregon to stay with Joe's friend Matt before meeting Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Michael at the beach the following afternoon. The sunshine was out but so was the wind when we arrived on the coast. That didn't deter us from taking in the beautiful views of the waves hitting the rocks or hurt our attempts at searching for Agate rocks. It was fun to explore the little beach towns, take a peek in the galleries, and just look out the window of our beach house to see the ocean. We attempted a walk on the beach but for me the wind won out but not before my first "dip" in the Pacific Ocean. And when I say "dip" I mean my toe within my flip flop making contact with the smallest amount of cold water possible. That has to count for something though right? We had lunches at a little Inn and dinners overlooking the bay in Newport Harbor. The atmosphere is set up there to make you feel relaxed. I wish I could have bottled that relaxation up for say September? Joe and I drove back to Seattle on Thursday as he had to work and then Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Michael arrived on Friday. After some yummy Thai food and a visit to the bead shop, we retired ourselves with books and a glass of wine to our wonderful and inviting courtyard at our apartment complex. Later in the evenings have been the best time to be outside as it has been really hot during the day. On Saturday we went down to Pike's Place Market before Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Michael met up with friends and I did a little shopping as it seemed a waste not to take advantage of the holiday sales.
Joe and I watched a great fireworks display overlooking Lake Union. People start to congregate over an hour before showtime so we got to witness a beautiful sunset complete with pink skies and the Olympic Mountains in the background. The fireworks did not disappoint and it was a nice culmination to cap off a wonderful week.
Joe and I started our lazy Sunday with crepes at a little cafe before I decided that my "to do" could wait one more day. I'm currently on movie number 2 with less than 80 pages left in my current book that I'm reading. The best part is that I can finish both from my couch. The only thing missing is that little thing I miss so much known as air condition.

No comments: