Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yes It Really Can Be Sunny In Seattle

This statement could come back to bite me in the back in a month, a week, tomorrow but for now I would like to declare that it CAN BE SUNNY IN SEATTLE! We have had a week of beautiful sunshine and 70 degree weather. I have been able to see Mt. Rainier in the backdrop of my drive to and from work along with sailboats, cruise ships, jet skis, and parasailors in and around Lake Washington and the Puget Sound. The beautiful scenery has helped make stressful days a little more calming and weekends that much more enjoyable.
Any time I'm in a new environment, I always want to learn everything in the first week! Although it's taken some time, I got a little sports education this week courtesy of the teachers lounge and asking lots of questions. I learned that I have to get used to hearing "PAC 10" vs. "Big 10", the big rival between University of Washington ("U-Dub") and Washington State ("Wazu") is called the Apple Cup, and I finally know where Gonzaga is after all those years of seeing them in the Sweet Sixteen. Up until Wednesday I didn't even know they were a west coast school....oops. So there you have it, weather update and a little sports education courtesy of east coast girl trying west coast living.

No comments: