Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cute Shoes-Part 2

Well after a very busy week of meetings, scheduling of more kids, playing catch up, and learning enough new information to make me head spin, we decided to have a low key weekend complete with catch up on e-mails and our favorite shows. Stress has gotten the better of me at times over the course of the last few weeks and I've been searching for outlets from pilates, to long walks, and yes even cute shoes. Now the practical person would look to invest in those hiking boots or even rain boots (yes thank you dad for your input:-), but when feeling stressed, my feet look to find solice in something a little cuter and a little less practical. There is something about walking into a shoe store; the smell of the leather, the displays of heels, and flats, and boots (Oh how I love the boots!). Roaming from aisle to aisle picturing your feet, the outfit you'd be wearing, and even the place you'd be wearing them to. I find such comfort in the endless fashion possibilities! To let yourself forget if you would ever really wear them, or the dent that they would leave in your bank account is all part of the experience. My feet enjoyed the feeling of trendy slouch boots straight out of the 80's, the sophisticated heel, and of course my fall back ballet flat. As I walked out of the store with the bag in my hand I couldn't help to smile. Whatever the week is to bring, however stressed I may feel, I can always just look down at my cute shoes and the day may just get a little bit better........

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, but do I know what you're talking about. I bought a new pair of brown ankle boots myself and am quite in love with them. There was also a pair of ridiculously impractical black stilettos with a snake skin heel, but I managed to resist... Glad to hear I'm not the only one who revels in a good shoe purchase!