Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Little Bit Broadway

I got to add to my Broadway musical list with a viewing of Xanadu this week. I didn't know much about the show when I proposed the idea to Joe but I have yet to see a musical that I didn't like so I figured it was a safe bet. It turned out to be quite enjoyable. Very tongue and cheek and a little cheesy but in a good way. The story takes place in 1980 and is based on mythology. Zeus and his muses are in charge of inspiring humans. Plug in a love story, some music, and roller skates and a story is born! We were lucky in that we got to sit on stage for the show. I guess some shows have on stage seating and this is one of them. I didn't even know what I was signing up for when I got the tickets but it was quite the experience. It was neat to be so up close and personal with the actors and the set. We got to take part in the finale with glowsticks which was fun.
It was a week of firsts for me as I tried "hot yoga." It's quite the trend out here. An hour and a half of posing in a room that is 95 degrees. I have not been a fan of yoga in the past but this was different. I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my life! It was a good sweat and I was so focused on the poses and breathing that my mind got to venture elsewhere for a little bit. I might just go back for another sweat fest later this week.
And on another note, my cooking ambitions were much milder this week and I think I made peace with Rachel Ray after successfully making one of her recipes by myself. We'll see if this trend can continue......

No comments: