Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another Week Gone By.......

Another week gone by.....How did we get to the end of January already????? It's been a mostly quiet week of going through the motions of daily life and somehow facing Monday once again. Of course the Seattle area was walking around with smiles on after Tuesday and the start of Obama's rein. The level of hope felt with facing hard times can be felt each time you're walking down the street or over hear someone talk about the inauguration. The optimism felt in the this part of the country is certainly at a high level and a comfort with everything else going on.
I enjoyed another painting class this week. Our assignment was to use only one color of varying values and create a picture from a magazine. We used a little "window" cut from paper to see little snip-its of advertisements and photos to create something new. I'm sure I've done this in the past but had forgotten how simple it is to find something new out of something already created. Being the perfectionist that I am, I was able to complete my painting only to find that there is more work to be done once I bring it home. Now I just have to find a little area in our living quarters to call my "studio."

Saturday found us with a bit of sunshine and so Joe and I ventured out to an area called Green Lake (just north of Seattle) where there is a huge lake with a trail going all around it. The neighborhood itself is quaint with houses that are not by any means extravagant but have their own appeal with unique colors and architecture. Off the main street is the lake and boy does it draw a crowd. There were people on bikes, roller blades, and foot both young and old enjoying the day. Every other person we passed was either walking a dog or was pushing a stroller. I asked Joe if he could pick one which would he want to have. Let's just say his answer was not the same as mine. Also in view was people wearing shorts-(really in 40 degrees?) and many cups of coffee. I love that here you can exercise while getting your daily dose of caffeine. With Starbucks on the outskirts, you can enjoy a cup of joe, a little exercise, and fresh air. Just a little piece of heaven to experience. :-)

No comments: