Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting a Good Dose of Vitamin D

I feel bad as I type this knowing the frigid temperatures that the east coast has been experiencing but we have had two nice sunny days here in Seattle. After the doom and gloom that has been our days of past, we were suprised with not one but two days with sunshine. I was out this afternoon and had to take my coat off. I have made myself spend time outside to soak in some Vitamin D to save for a later date. Again I don't mean to rub it in:-)
Through my travels on foot I've taken note of many posters advertising celebrations for the inauguration. My favorite by far has been the poster that reads "Shoe Toss" with Bush's face underneath. Upon further reading, this gathering is inviting people to toss their shoes as a way of saying goodbye at the last eight years-in a very creative way I might add. Gotta love my liberal environment!
So now I'm going to take a minute to plug a new music discovery that has been getting some acknowledgement on TV shows. Her name is "Lenka" and she is in my opinion a musical extrodinaire from Australia with music that you can't help feel happy after listening to. I had the privelege to see her live on Monday night at a small venue dowtown that once found itself the hotspot for Burlesque shows and X-rated movies. It has been revamped to take on this modern day lounge/restaurant with candlelit lighting and strategic seating of booths and long bars. It's a great place for an intimate evening with your favorite artist and I left feeling as though I had discovered my new favorite place in Seattle.
Another art class brought to my attention a new way to relieve stress while creating art at the same time. All you need is some paint and a few Q-Tips. We were learning about color and how it is perceived when placed on different backgrounds. We were given a few basic instructions and then could pretty much "dot" til our little heart was content. After a day spent with preschoolers and having been drooled on more times than I care to mention, let's just say my creative juices were flowing.
Joe and I both got hit with colds this week. I faired better than he did. Is it my imagination or do women deal with things like this better than men? Just another thing to add to the list.....

No comments: