Sunday, October 12, 2008

Loving the Fall Weather

I am loving the fall weather! Yes the leaves are changing and there's that crispness to the air that is very reminiscent of fall. I will admit to not taking too much notice of the leaves since there are limited trees in my immediate environment. On my drives to and from work I find my focus much more on not getting rear ended by the person behind me or checking my blind spot at least 3 times before merging in all the traffic. But I digress......
I was able to attend a conference in downtown Seattle (right by the Space Needle) presented by one of the gurus of Speech Therapy. It was a great breakup to my week and I got to meet some really nice therapists. My walk to the bus stop found me stumbling upon the Seattle famous "Top Pot" doughnut cafe featured on the food network. Since I was right there I had to go in and get a tea just to say I've been inside. Looks just like it did on TV. Of course my bus riding adventures continue as I still insist that I have a sign around me that says "talk to me." A nice older man sat down and introduced himself and starting talking to me and comparing Seattle to Texas. I admit to listening less to what he was saying and being more conscious to how bad his breath smelled! I gave a sigh of relief when he got off much earlier than my stop.
This weekend found me in neighboring Kirkland for drinks and dinner with 2 fellow therapists that are newbies to the district. There's nothing like talking through your frustrations with a glass of wine and good company! I explored yet another shopping mecca-this time south of the city. Another area to feed the shopping habit. I happend to be just a sidekick and second opinion for couch shopping with a friend and a little browsing on my part. I feel like I should be given a pin for 90 days "no purchases" for the willpower I present in shopping situations! We headed to the market today for another taste of homemade pasta (I feel like Grandpa would be proud with my sudden interest in Pasta:-) and this time sampled "Spice Thai Linguini." Not your typical Italian meal but they give you a recipe and chicken is involved so it must be good! I sit here with a mountain of paperwork staring me in the face for the week but all I can think about it snuggling up to the fire with a nice cup of tea. Work can wait for one more day.....

No comments: