Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Joys of a Working Partner

After staring at the computer for hours on end today trying to write 4 IEP's, I will admit that my creativity and enthusiasm for typing something witty is at an all time low. I do apologize. I've found that the months of October and November have decided to present a challenge to me in terms of how many IEP's I can write, how many meetings I can attend, and how many new preschoolers I can take on before hitting my breaking point. Thank goodness mom is coming to visit to give me a little break. I plan on getting enough "mom hugs" to last me until at least April:-) As I've been hitting the computer hard this week, Joe has started a new job at Blockbuster. He finally gave into searching for any job to fill his time (and our bank account) and was hired as an assistant manager at Blockbuster. Right now he's in training and comes home every night with some kind of random story from the day as well as lots of frustration. It wasn't long before he was on-line looking for graduate programs. This week has also been an adjustment in that Joe is no longer home to cook which leaves the question every night of "what are we going to have for dinner." My enthusiasm for cooking after a long day (okay who are we kidding, my enthusiasm for cooking in general) is always lacking and although I could be perfectly content with my eggs and toast or bowl of cereal, those foods aren't consider a meal in the world of boys and so we are back to trying to alternate cooking, dishes, etc. As I stand putting dishes in the dishwasher for what feels like the hundreth time that week, I can't help but close my eyes and wish for the kitchen fairy to come and relieve me from all things domestic....... Joe was off on Saturday so we decided to venture down to the international district to hit up the big asian market that sits at its center. There is any kind of ingredient for asian cooking that your stomach could desire so we filled our basket with goodies for cooking Pad Thai along with some other sauces and spices. Of course now just sits the question of who is going to cook it?

No comments: