Wednesday, August 13, 2008

City Driving

Although I was able to practice city driving while living in Pittsburgh and had some more practice with trips into Philadelphia, traveling 611 day in and day out voided me of the constant city driving in which I could have benefited. I was quickly brought back into practice today as I successfully attempted to cross 4 lanes of highway quite easily to reach my exit and am slowly learning how to navigate in and out of the carpool lane. It is not as easy as it may seem. As much as I like to think my driving skills stellar, there was a moment where I wanted to make a left turn and proceeded to switch into the left lane only to hear Joe yell "One lane" over and over. It seems that the city of Seattle does not feel that everyone is privy to 2 lanes on either side and does not always designate it's turning lane. A lesson well learned. All I could do was turn and smile at Joe and give a little "ooops" as our journey continued on. We reached our destination of home in one piece with a little driving lesson to stick in my back pocket.
XO,
Nicole

No comments: