Thursday, July 29, 2010

My last post from Seattle

Our 2 year adventure has come to an end and it is now time to say goodbye to the west coast. Thank you Seattle for your beautiful surroundings, wonderful people, delicious food, and interesting sense of fashion. You have been a wonderful home and a great place for new experiences. Joe and I will definitely look back on our time out here as an experience that we will never forget. (In my head I'm already planning a trip to come visit as we have had lots of offers of where we can stay:-) This city has taught us that a day that starts out bleary could turn into a beautiful day, to never look twice at a man dressed as a woman, a woman dressed as a man, or either gender dressed in a variety of costumes or sporting an interesting hair color, and to love the great outdoors and to take advantage of all that nature has to offer. I don't think Seattle was able to teach me patience when sitting in traffic but it has taught me to offer every pedestrian the right of way and to smile and nod when I pass someone on the street. I think Joe and I both learned how to enjoy this time with each other while also discovering more about ourselves as individuals and what we have to look forward to with our move back across the country.
With the help of some strong women (Thank you Rachel, Sara, and Sydney!) our belongings that have inhabited our 800 square foot apartment are now packed into a 16 ft by 8 ft POD ready to make the trip to Pennsylvania. Our trip begins on Saturday with arrival expected in Pittsburgh the following Friday. Fingers crossed for safe and enjoyable travels. I'll post again once we're settled and begin phase number 2 on the east coast.
After 100 posts.........It's time to say goodbye to the east coast girl trying west coast living and hello to the east coast girl whose coming home!

1 comment:

The Gillefonds said...

wonderful goodbye post, Nicole. We are so happy to have you back on this side of the country!
love, Amanda