Sunday, September 20, 2009

Husbands Can Be Good For Many Things........

As our 3 year wedding anniversary approaches, and after 5 years of being together, I sit here reminded of the many things husbands are good for.......Mine in particular is good at cooking delicious food and thinking beyond my staple of chicken and rice, helping me find my love of nature (or maybe just like- it depends on whether or not I have a flushing toilet nearby), exposing me to every football game that is on on Sundays, feigning interest in Broadway musicals, and the biggie today- putting together furniture. I'd like to think of myself as an independent female; one who does not have to rely on my husband to get things done. But alas- I am ready to admit defeat and give in to chivalry. Okay maybe not chivalry persay-Forget holding doors open, or pushing in my chair, I'm talking hard labor on furniture with lots of pieces. I will not even attempt to hold the screw driver when instructions and lots of wood pieces that may or may not fit together are involved. I will steer clear of the pile, the frustration, and the unpleasant call to the furniture company. I will admit whole-heartedly that I prefer the opposite sex to put together furniture; not that I couldn't do it but it's much easier to stay out of the line of fire. And after 3 hours we have a wonderful new table thanks to my dear husband!
And on another quick note- We went to see the Broadway musical WICKED last night and it was AMAZING!!!! Makes me wish I could sing or at least carry a tune. The staging was phenomenal and the lead female roles were simply incredible. I was so excited to be able to indulge my love of musicals being this far away from NYC!

No comments: