Sunday, May 17, 2009

As I sat down to type my latest entry, I realized that I missed a posting last week! Somehow May is going by more quickly than I seem to be able to keep up! It's either going too quickly or I've got my eye at the end of the school year and seem to be missing the parts in between. I'm definitely taking time to enjoy some of the beautiful sunshine we got this weekend. I dare say that it reached 75 today and my whiter than white skin now has some lovely tints of red after my time outside. Yesterday we went to the Street Fair over in the University District. I read this morning in the paper that it is one of the largest street fairs in the country and dates back 40 years. Guess they started it to help with the shift towards something more positive than dealing with riots in the streets and shops broken into. The weather brought out people like crazy. The vendors were the typical mix of pottery, jewelry, "Go Green" memorabilia, and anything else random. It was no State College Arts Festival but was still a nice way to spend a sunny afternoon.
I got my running legs on this morning and ran along the water at Alki Beach before finding a nice bench to enjoy my book for a while. The smell of the the salt and the people all around were a great combination for a Sunday afternoon. If only Sunday weren't followed by Monday....all would be even better! I say that as an evaluation report is staring me in the face ready to be written and all I can seem to think about is enjoying the last hour of sunshine....Guess which side wins???
On another note, I know that one of my faithful readers has been dealt some hardship. Uncle Chuck- you're in my thoughts and I'm sending you a BIG hug from the west coast. Stay positive........

No comments: