Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sitting here on a sunny day in Seattle. We've had a great weekend of weather which was a huge welcome after a busy and tiring week. I'm pretty sure I'm in for busy and tiring weeks from now until June so I welcome the reprieve of sunshine to boost my mood on the weekends. Joe and I spent Friday evening walking along Broadway in Capitol Hill and having dinner outside of one of the restaurants since it was so nice. Being anywhere on Broadway is always such a spectator sport as the people walking around can be so fascinating. From the outfits to the conversations, the environment is always a treat! We also got to witness yet another protest walking back from dinner. Right across the street from Seattle University in front of a little French bistro there was a group of people chanting something that was hard to hear until we got closer. In turns out the group was PETA and they were protesting the cooking of goose liver. After further learning about how goose liver is prepared that is one more dish to add to my list of things I'm never going to try! The word liver is enough to scare me away no matter where its coming from.
Saturday brought more sunshine and sporting events as the Mariners were in town the Sounders (new soccer team) were playing away. After Joe got home from work we found a sports bar downtown (they are hard to find in this city!) to watch the games. I'm trying to learn a little about soccer but honestly I have a hard time getting past the bright green uniforms that the Sounders wear. Not exactly easy on the eyes. Looking back I guess being able to comment only on the uniforms and not much else in only telling that I have a lot yet to learn with this sport.
Today I wandered downtown trying to store up a little sunshine for the week. Now I sit procrastinating from the report that I need to write before work tomorrow. I wish the weekend could just move a little slower..........

No comments: