Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

Rain Rain Go Away please go bother another city for a few days......My sentiments towards the pitter patter of rain drops that I can hear hitting the windows. It continues to be wet here although we were given a reprieve yesterday with a little sunshine and warm temperatures. It was perfect timing for my 10 mile run that I was scheduled for. Joe has been battling a cold and after our busy weekend last weekend, this weekend was very low key in comparison. I'm on my countdown of 8 more days of the school year left. I have many of progress reports for IEP's to write before then but it's nice to have a glimpse of the finish line in the horizon. I find it very comforting to have an open stretch of unplanned time between the 16th of June and the end of August. Love the school year calendar!
I'm in my last 3 weeks of training before my half marathon. Crazy that 14 weeks have gone by. I think my body is starting to feel the stress a bit as I have pain in my feet and knees but at the same time I am proud of my body for enduring the stress and allowing me to push the limits beyond what I thought I was capable of. This past week I've looked forward to my runs as I've needed the opportunity to clear my head. It has become a comfort to take time to focus on breathing in my nose and out mouth, listening to my footsteps as they hit the pavement, and pushing aside the stress that I'm feeling from life. I feel in good company with the rest of the runners in the Seattle (there are many!) and even got a high five from a fellow jogger as we passed each other on the street. I hope to incorporate running a little bit more into my life even after I'm done training.
For now, it's full speed ahead with the last full week of school. Some end of the school celebrations to look forward to towards the end of the week and hopefully sunshine too. Mother Nature are you listening??????

No comments: