Monday, December 14, 2009

I got caught up in Lifetime Christmas movies yesterday and failed to post an update last night. Yes I do watch the cheesy Christmas movies on Lifetime and the Family Channel and I'm not afraid to admit it. It's a perfectly relaxing way to spend a Sunday :-)
Joe and I spent Saturday afternoon at a Christmas show in a little theater in the International District. These two women, who have performed together for 20 years, wrote the show and performed with two other guys in "Ham for the Holidays- Lard Potion Number 9." It was quite funny-poking fun at the Seattle transportation system, the Family Feud game show, and a trailer park talent show. We followed it up with dinner at our favorite chinese restaurant and then a little Wii competition at home. Joe and I bought ourselves a Wii for Christmas as a way to "bond" together. So far, if I'm not good at a game right away I make Joe stop it and move on to the next game. We have become fierce competitors with one another with wakeboarding and I kicked butt with bowling and table tennis. Fortunately for the golf game there is no way for me to throw my club when I get frustrated so that is definitely a step up from the real deal. My involvement in Wii in no way condones video game playing but is a compromise (there is that great word in the married world) to bond with my husband. And if I can prove that I am better than him at some activities then that is just an added bonus. :-)
I had a tough Thursday last week as I spent a grueling morning at Jury Duty part two. I can't go in to any details but let's just say I got out of court and called my Dad with tears in my eyes. I am one of 85 potential jurors for a case that could go on for months! I'm not going to try and begin to explain all the stress that is causing me. I can't sleep and walk around with a constant stomach ache at the thought of a) having to bear witness to the gruesome details of this trial and b) stepping away from my job for essentially 1/3 of the school year. I wonder if I shared with the judge my "Radicchi" gene in that I cry at every sad commercial, movie, song, or card and I'm not emotionally equipped to handle something of this degree if that would help my case? I am currently in attempts to work with my supervisor to form a plea to the judge. Being female and my age is not helping my situation right now as I do believe they've kept me on as a demographic. I'm certainly missing the small town court system right about now.
My day got a little better as that night the Speech Therapists celebrated Christmas on a house boat on Lake Union. One of the girls is house sitting for friends and we all got to reap the benefits. It was a beautiful view of the skyline and the Space Needle with all the lights. The whole house boat community is very quaint and you can only hope to like your neighbor as your proximity to them is very close.
A downtown condo and a house boat to celebrate the Christmas season- not a bad way to celebrate the holidays. The only better way to celebrate is with family and friends and we get to do that in less than two weeks! Can't wait for a little piece of an east coast Christmas!

No comments: